Canon printers offer the superb print quality and excellent modern features that other printers fail to offer. Whether you are searching for a printer for your office needs or home, Canon printers will suit all your needs. A new Canon printer buyer may get disappointed when they see the error code E56 on their Canon printer. The error is common on all Canon printer models. If you ever face the error E56 on your Canon printer, you can get rid of it quickly with the help of the methods discussed in the article. Let’s get started and know the ways to fix the error code E56.
Why does the Error Code E56 Occur on a Canon Printer?
The occurrence of the error code E56 is related to both software and hardware. We have described the ideal methods to fix the error code E56. Anyone can follow the instructions mentioned in the article and sort it out. To know how to sort out the annoying error code, read the instructions provided below.
Easy Methods to Fix the Error Code E56
We have explained the step-by-step procedure to help you sort out the error code E56. If you are facing it on your Canon printer, apply the methods and fix it quickly.
If you are a new Canon printer user, you may face difficulty fixing the error code. In order to fix the error code E56 on your Canon printer, follow the steps:
- First of all, you need to connect your PC to the internet.
- Go to any updated web browser on your PC and go to the Canon drivers page.
- On the page, you need to enter your Canon printer model and the operating system.
- After entering the required details, you will see the “Download” button.
- As you click the “Download” button, the download will begin.
- When the download is complete, locate the drivers in the “Downloads” folder on the PC.
- Click on the file to run and install the drivers on your system.
- Uninstall the outdated drivers before installing the updated ones.
Note: If you do not have good technical knowledge and don’t know how to update the drivers for a Canon printer, install the EasyDriver software on your PC. It detects outdated drivers and updates them.
In some cases, the reason behind the error code E56 is the improper connection. To correct the connection, follow the steps:
- Turn off your Canon printer.
- Disconnect the power cables from the wall outlet.
- Avoid touching the power cables with wet hands.
- Check if the USB cable is not damaged or broken.
- If it is defective, you need to replace it with a new one.
- If your Canon printer is wireless, check the router and modem and try to reconnect it to the printer by changing the Wi-Fi name.
- Or else, contact your ISP to get high-speed internet.
- The steps mentioned above will help you fix the issue. If the issue persists, try the method below.
If the methods described above fail to fix the error code E56, you can follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Turn off the Canon printer.
- Detach the printer’s power cables from the primary power source and USB cables.
- Keep the Canon printer disconnected from the power source for almost 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, connect the power cables to the printer again.
- Now, turn on your Canon printer and then connect it to an Ethernet cable.
- Print a paper sheet to check if the issue is resolved.
The excellent solution to the error code E56 is the hard reset. Anyone can perform the hard reset on their Canon printer. Follow the steps:
- Press and hold the Stop button until the alarm starts ringing.
- Release the Stop button when the alarm light flashes almost 20 times.
- During the process, avoid performing any other operation on your Canon printer.
- The process will put your Canon printer back to factory settings.
- Uninstall the outdated drivers and update new ones.
- Restart your printer and PC for the applied changes to come into effect.
- The issue is fixed now.
Note: With the help of the steps mentioned above in the article, you will be able to resolve the error mentioned above. If you find it difficult to deal with the error, avoid taking risks and contact Canon printer experts. They will fix the error for you.
The purpose of the article was to let you know the easy ways to fix the error code E56. The steps described in the article will help you sort out the error. We hope you find the article helpful.