Canon printers fulfill all printing needs; that is why Canon users appreciate Canon printers. A Canon printer user may get disappointed when an error occurs on their printer. A tech-savvy person can fix Canon printer errors quickly with the correct solutions. We have discussed solutions to the error codes E48 and E58 in the article. If the error code E48 or E58 on your Canon printer is causing you trouble, there is no need to get worried and think that the time to purchase a new printer has come. The article mentions various quick and easy methods to resolve the error codes E48 and E58. To troubleshoot these error codes, take a look at the reasons behind the errors. Let’s go ahead and get started.
Primary Reasons Behind Error E48
Canon printer experts say that the emergence of the error code E48 is common on a Canon printer. It generally occurs when your Canon printer fails to connect to a server. In simple terms, the error code E48 is caused owing to improper connectivity. You have now understood why your Canon printer is showing the error code, you will face no problem troubleshooting it. Follow the step-by-step instructions given below to sort out the error.
Solutions to Bypass Error E48 on a Canon Printer
The emergence of the error code E48 is quite common on a Canon printer. In order to help you fix the issue, we have shared good solutions below for you. Read the methods below to eliminate the Canon printer error.
In order to assist you in sorting out the annoying error code, we have explained the whole procedure below. Follow the step-by-step instructions:
- First of all, make sure that the Canon printer does not have any damaged or broken hardware parts.
- Another thing you need to do is make sure that everything is right with the hardware parts of the Canon printer.
- Now, check the connection.
- If the connection is not properly established, you need to make the necessary changes to correct it.
- Check if the cables are not loose or damaged.
- You need to replace the cables if they seem to be broken or damaged.
- If the problem persists after changing the cables, press the OK button on a Canon printer.
- If you are using the Google cloud print, make sure to get the printer registered.
- Connect the Canon printer to another stable network and check if the problem has come to an end.
- Sometimes, the issue may occur when there is an issue with the router and modem. Check if both are in good working condition.
- Following the procedure will help you resolve the error.
To assist you in fixing the error code E48, follow the instructions:
- Go to the official Canon Drivers page.
- Choose the Canon printer model that you use.
- Also, choose an operating system such as Windows or Mac.
- Follow the on-screen directions to download the latest printer drivers.
- After downloading the drivers, locate the drivers in the “Downloads” folder.
- Install the printer drivers on your system and try printing a page to see if the error code E48 is resolved.
Note: We have shared two solutions above to help you remove the error E48. If the error code E48 persists, we suggest you contact a skilled printer expert. For more details, you can call the Canon Support Team.
Reasons Behind the Error E58
The error E58 emerges when an issue with the ink cartridge or paper size exists. A Canon printer user can remove the error in minutes with the help of the instructions below.
To clear the error E58 on a Canon printer, follow the step-by-step instructions in the same way as described below.
- The first thing you need to do is register the paper size.
- Registering the correct paper size will prevent the Canon printer from misprinting.
- You need to navigate to the printer settings and type the paper size according to your preference.
- While you are printing, make sure that you have placed the paper on the cassette.
- You can make necessary changes to the settings if you want.
- While you are doing so, the paper details will appear on the screen.
- Enter the size of the paper you wish to copy.
- After going through the process, try printing a test page to check if the error E58 is resolved.
Canon printers are worth appreciating in terms of both features and print quality, but these printers may often annoy a user by showing some annoying errors. We have shared solutions to error codes E48 and E58 in the article. We hope the above-mentioned solutions fix the issue.